Give your children an opportunity to find out what six words and what one phrase are represented in the seven series of numbers in this coded words puzzle. The puzzle features elements of Mary’s extravagant expression of love to Jesus in John 12:1-7.
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every free, printable activity we have on Sunday School Zone as well as a simple description of the types of activities we provide. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities.
Types of Activities on Sunday School Zone
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities regularly, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
Encourage your children to unscramble these six words in this word line up puzzle. When they do, their work will reveal another key word. This is great fun!
This crossword puzzle highlights ten elements of the event that took place in Luke 8:22-25. Jesus calmed a violent storm with mere words. Jesus certainly was no mere man! He was and is God!
Peter was rescued from jail in Acts 12:1-18. This word scramble puzzle gives your children an opportunity to unscramble seven words and one key phrase related to this event. As they do, they’ll become more familiar with this important happening in the life of the early church.
This matching game has a Christmas theme. How many matches can each of your children find?
Sharpen your pencils and get ready to encourage your children to find 10 words related to the Christmas story in this word search puzzle!
Let your children unscramble the eight words in this puzzle, then one more key word. They’ll be reminded of some important people, places, and elements in the Christmas story.
John the Baptist spoke boldly and with conviction about the coming Messiah. In this 10-piece jigsaw puzzle, he is talking to a crowd of adults and children. Your children will have a great deal of fun putting this puzzle together as you talk to them about John’s ministry.
The more tiles a player matches in this matching game, the more likely he or she is to win. But more important than winning is learning about John the Baptist and the important message he had for people. The Messiah soon would arrive!
This jigsaw puzzle is a great activity to use as you talk to your children about the importance of expressing love for Jesus.