The story we call “God Showed His Power to Pharaoh” reveals how God brought the Hebrew people out of Egypt after 400 years of slavery and is found in Exodus 5:1–12:32. This video highlights points you might want to make as you teach the story to kids.
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every activity we have on Sunday School Zone. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities:
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities every week, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
The story of God speaking to Moses in the burning bush is a popular story for kids as well as adults to learn. This video highlights points you’ll want to make as you teach the story to kids. The story is found in Exodus 3:1–4:17.
Many people are familiar with the story of God Protecting Baby Moses, also knows as Moses and the bulrushes. This brief video highlights some of the core insights conveyed in the story, found in Exodus 2:1-10.
This blank Bible Timeline Marker can be cut out, filled in for any desired event, and then placed on the Bible timeline in the appropriate place so learners can quickly see approximately where in history (on the timeline) the event occurred.
This Abraham Timeline Marker tells approximately when Abraham lived and is designed to be placed on Sunday School Zone’s free, printable Bible timeline to help learners see where Abraham fell relative to other biblical events.
This Fall of Israel Bible Timeline Marker can be cut out and then placed on the Bible timeline in the appropriate place so learners can quickly see approximately where in history (on the timeline) the fall of Israel to Assyria occurred.
This Isaac Wed Rebekah Bible Timeline Marker can be cut out and then placed on the Bible timeline in the appropriate place so learners can quickly see approximately where in history (on the timeline) Isaac and Rebekah married.
This is a single-page, printable handout containing Sunday School Zone’s Bible Timeline reduced in size and placed on a single sheet so an individual learner can examine the timeline and keep it for personal study.
This free printable Bible timeline can be printed on a standard home printer, then easily cut and taped together to create a 66-inch timeline for use in any children’s Bible teaching context. Other related resources are also available.
This story profile provides a simple overview of the story of Moses and the bulrushes along with highlights and relevant points of interest based on the text. The story summary is written for kids. When possible, we try to provide an approximate date for the event.