Maundy Thursday is the day when many Christians remember and celebrate Jesus’ final meal. However, many are unfamiliar with the phrase “Maundy Thursday.” This printable PDF answers the question, “why is it called Maundy Thursday?”
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every free, printable activity we have on Sunday School Zone as well as a simple description of the types of activities we provide. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities.
Types of Activities on Sunday School Zone
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities regularly, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
This Jesus’ Triumphal Entry story profile provides a simple overview of the story (for kids) along with highlights, points of interest, and an approximate date for the Palm Sunday event. A printable PDF for this profile is available as well as a link to all related activities.
These colorable Hosanna! bookmarks include the declaration, “Hossana!” printed on them. This shout of praise meant that Jesus is the King they had been waiting on! The bookmark will remind children that Jesus is the King of kings and has come to save us!
All four Gospels tell us about the day Jesus entered Jerusalem on a young donkey. Only John, however, tells us that particular Sunday was the Sunday before Jesus’ crucifixion. A complete article about the Triumphal Entry can be downloaded here as a PDF.
These colorable Maundy Thursday bookmarks include a picture of the bread and wine and have the words of Jesus, “Do this in remembrance of me,” printed on the front. They can help children celebrate the event and remember what Jesus did for us.
These colorable Hosanna! bookmarks include a colorable illustration of Jesus entering Jerusalem with the simple declaration, “Hossana!” printed on it. The bookmark will remind kids that Jesus is King who came to save us!
These Hosanna! Bookmarks for Palm Sunday include a beautiful illustration of Jesus entering Jerusalem with the people’s simple but accurate declaration, “Hossana!” They can remind children that Jesus is the King of kings and has come to save us!
Greeting cards make it easy to color a hand-crafted card and send a biblical message about Jesus all at the same time. This He Is Risen! Easter greeting card will remind the child and the recipient that Jesus is the Son of God and is alive today!
Greeting cards make it easy to color a hand-crafted card and send a message about Jesus at the same time. This Palm Sunday card with John 12:13b will remind the child and the recipient that Jesus is the Messiah (the King of Israel) and is worthy of our praise.
This Good Friday greeting card with John 14:6a will remind the child and the recipient that Jesus is “the way, the truth, and the life.” Jesus shared these words with His disciples the night of the last supper just hours before His crucifixion on Good Friday.