Before David was king of Israel, he was simply a shepherd boy working for his father. This David Memorized God’s Word Jigsaw Puzzle will help kids learn about David and discover that God is able to protect and provide when we serve and follow Him.
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every activity we have on Sunday School Zone. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities:
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities every week, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
When David was a shepherd boy, he likely spent a good deal of time meditating on and memorizing God’s Word. David ultimately wrote some of the Psalms. This coded word challenge will help kids remember the importance of memorizing God’s Word.
Before David was king of Israel, he was a shepherd boy working for his father and meditating on God’s Word. This David Wrote Songs About God’s Word Puppet activity will help kids learn that God is able to protect and provide when we serve and follow Him.
Memorizing the books of the Bible is an important Bible skill that kids can easily master while they are young. This skill will deepen their appreciation of the Bible for life. These flashcards will help your kids learn the books of the Old Testament quickly.
Before David was king of Israel, he was simply a shepherd boy working for his father. This David Was a Shepherd Boy Coloring Page will help kids learn about David and discover that God is able to protect and provide when we serve and follow Him.
Even as a very young child, Samuel knew he was chosen of God to serve. While living with Eli the priest, Samuel obeyed God and Eli while serving in the temple. This story illustration will help kids remember that even young children can be used of God.
Over the years, God’s people had forgotten just how important the law of God was. Ezra reminded the people of the importance of God’s Word. This story illustration will help kids remember that God’s Word should always have an important place in our lives.
Nehemiah is a great hero of the Bible because he helped lead the people to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem after the Babylonian exile. This story illustration will help kids learn about the brave work Nehemiah did and remind them that we can be brave, too.
When Jesus and His family were visiting Jerusalem, He went missing. After searching, His parents found him in the temple teaching! This story illustration will help kids learn about this event and that Jesus was once a child also, but He was always Lord.
When it was time for the children of Israel to travel to their new home, Joshua was sent with other spies to explore the new land. This story illustration will help kids learn about Joshua and the importance of trusting God to overcome all obstacles.