The Shepherd’s Story Bible Craft
The shepherds were among the first people to hear the wonderful news of the Savior’s birth. This cute Shepherd’s Story Bible Craft will help children remember the special message to the shepherds while also rewarding them with a little Christmas treat.
Note: This free craft is also available as a downloadable PDF.
Bible Story: The Shepherd’s Story
Bible Text: Luke 2:1-20
- Bathroom tissue roller (1 per child)
- Yarn or string
- Brown construction paper circle
- Small squares of fabric (1 per child)
- Pipe cleaners
- Candy cane (1 per student)
- For a non-edible craft, use red and white pipe cleaners twisted together to form a candy cane.
Teacher Preparation: Pre-cut brown construction paper circles to serve as the shepherd’s face.
Give each student a construction paper circle and instruct them to draw the shepherd a face and glue it to the bathroom tissue roller. Using the pipe cleaner, gently poke a hole in each side of the roller and thread the pipe cleaner through to create the shepherd’s arms. Using the fabric and string, create the shepherd’s head dress. Give each student a candy cane and guide them in wrapping one of the shepherd’s pipe cleaner arms around the candy cane as if holding his shepherd’s crook.
You can also see a list of the types of free, printable Bible activities we provide on the site.
For other related activities, see the links below.
- Related Activity Links:
- Angels, Christmas ,
- The Shepherds ,
- Grade School (Readers), Preschool (Non-readers) ,
- Shepherds Visit Jesus, The Shepherds Told About Jesus, The Shepherds' Story