Chronological Order of Events in “Hardened Hearts”
Note: Here is the order in which the events mentioned in “Hardened Hearts” likely occurred.
- Jesus declared His miracles validated that God had sent Him (see John 5:36).
- Jesus calmed the storm and the sea (see Mark 4:35-41).
- Jesus miraculously fed the crowd consisting of 5,000 men, plus women and children (see Mark 6:30-44).
- Jesus walked on the water (see Mark 6:45-52).
- Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life” (John 6:35; see vv. 22-40 for the context).
- Jesus miraculously fed the crowd consisting of 4,000 men, plus women and children (see Mark 8:1-9).
- The Pharisees demanded a sign (see Mark 8:11).
- Jesus warned His disciples to be wary of the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod. Then He had to explain to them that in saying this, He wasn’t talking about literal bread (Mark 8:13-21).