Why God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers?
Older preschoolers (ages 3-5) may never be at a more teachable point in their lives. This simple fact alone gives us a great opportunity to fulfill God’s timeless command to teach His story to successive generations. Deuteronomy 4:9b says, “…don’t forget the things your eyes have seen… Teach them to your children and your grandchildren.” (HCSB, emphasis added).
A Strategic Curriculum System for Older Preschoolers
Most churches will want to maximize their Bible teaching program for older preschoolers by adopting a strategic curriculum resource that 1) moves older preschoolers through a deliberate and balanced plan of study, 2) provides easy to prepare lesson plans with quality supporting resources, and 3) is developmentally appropriate for older preschoolers. God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers accomplishes these goals. It provides a balanced and well-sequenced study plan, it is easy to prepare and use, and it was created just for older preschoolers.
The Goal and Features of God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers
The goal of God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers is to help preschoolers discover the love of God and His people in the context of God’s Unfolding Story so they develop a strong awareness of the story, as well as the ability to recite the six elements of God’s Unfolding Story. This goal drives everything about the design of the resource. The critical features of God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers include:
- Long-term learning. In addition to lesson-specific learning objectives, God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers reinforces learning the six elements of God’s Unfolding Story every single week, so kids will grasp the story for life.
- Balanced sequence. You want your children receiving a balanced diet of Bible study that includes both the Old and New Testaments and stories that give them a grasp of the biblical narrative. God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers’ Suggested Study Sequence does just that.
- Immediate availability. Because it is delivered digitally through the Internet, God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers is available for download immediately.
- Undated flexibility. God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers is undated and can, therefore, be taught at any time so it’s easily adaptable to any church’s calendar. It also means that it can be used over and over without being downloaded again.
- Developmentally appropriate. The resource was developed by seasoned preschooler educators, David and Amy Morrow, and tested in real preschool classes at Long Hollow Baptist Church in Hendersonville, TN.
- Professionally designed. You’ll immediately notice that God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers is beautifully designed with attractive colors and engaging illustrations.
- Easily used. The Bible study resource was developed and designed for real-life volunteer teachers who struggle to fit everything into their busy lives. God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers can be taught with minimal preparation time.
- Fun activities. Older preschoolers love the games, puzzles, crafts, and other activities built into the lesson plans of God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers.
- Completely free. God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers is absolutely free.
- Free support. In addition to the ample lesson support that comes with God’s Unfolding Story for Older Preschoolers, many of the free resources on Sunday School Zone can enhance and support the lessons.
Sunday School Zone can become the main site you, your church, or your school uses to develop a well-balanced Bible teaching strategy for your older preschool kids. In time we plan to offer strategic Bible study resources for grade school kids as well.
If you have questions or suggestions for us, please email us at [email protected].
If you’re interested in writing for Sunday School Zone, please send us an email at [email protected].
Author, Speaker, Bible Teacher
See a list of other articles by Rick Edwards.