Mary Magdalene was overjoyed to see that Jesus had risen from the dead. Children will see her surprise in this Easter spot the differences activity (based on John 20:11-18) as they look for differences between two similar pictures. Answers are provided.
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every free, printable activity we have on Sunday School Zone as well as a simple description of the types of activities we provide. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities.
Types of Activities on Sunday School Zone
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities regularly, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
Jesus’ followers were not expecting Jesus to be raised, but that Sunday morning, Jesus appeared to Mary, who was surprised to see Him alive at His tomb. This resurrection jigsaw puzzle shows Mary’s surprise and joy when she sees the resurrected Lord.
Within the story of Jesus’ resurrection found in John 20:11-18, there are several key words or names of people. This resurrection word search activity highlights some of them. Kids search for words that are placed in a grid of otherwise random letters.
As they find the hidden pictures in this Easter hidden pictures activity, children will see that Jesus rose from the dead, bringing joy to Mary and others. Eleven small images are hidden in the larger picture based on the story found in John 20:11-18.
Working this Find Your Way to Jesus’ Tomb Easter Sunday maze will help children remember that Mary found her way to Jesus’ tomb on the first Easter Sunday morning, and learn that the tomb was empty! Jesus really was alive and is still alive today!
As children work a crossword puzzle in which the words highlight key themes in the story of Zacchaeus, they will learn that Jesus makes a huge difference in the life of anyone who receives Him warmly.
This match game acquaints children with some of the people and things that are a part of the true story of Zacchaeus and his encounter with Jesus.
What are some of the differences between two images of Jesus looking up at Zacchaeus as he sat in a sycamore tree? A total of 11 exist in this activity, which, by the way, is a fun way to learn about how Jesus came to seek and save the lost (see Luke 19:10).
Working this word scramble, children become acquainted with key elements of Zacchaeus’s encounter with Jesus and the difference that encounter made in Zacchaeus’s life.
In this fun word search relating to Zacchaeus’s encounter with Jesus, children are encouraged to find ten terms that reflect key elements of the story.