Ten Bible Verses About Children For Children
Somewhere in between busy schedules and important phone calls, children can sometimes feel pretty insignificant. Even the best parents can fail to articulate how very precious their children are to them. It is really important that kids know they are valuable and loved. God’s Word is filled with lots of meaningful verses about children. We have listed ten of them here for use with your kids.
When kids become familiar with the following verses, they can deepen their appreciation of their own worth. Memorizing these rich verses will help children learn their important role in the kingdom of God.
- “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work….” —Jeremiah 1:5 (International Children’s Bible Version, ICB)
- “Children are a gift from the Lord. Babies are a reward.” —Psalm 127:3 (ICB)
- “You have taught children and babies to sing praises to you….” —Psalm 8:2 (ICB)
- “But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people who are like these children.” —Matthew 19:14 (ICB)
- “The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven is the one who makes himself humble like this child.” —Matthew 18:4 (ICB)
- “Be careful. Don’t think these little children are worth nothing. I tell you that they have angels in heaven who are always with my Father in heaven.” —Matthew 18:10 (ICB)
- “If anyone accepts children like these in my name, then he is also accepting me. And if he accepts me, then he is also accepting the One who sent me.” —Mark 9:37 (ICB)
- “How can a young person live a pure life? He can do it by obeying your word.” —Psalm 119:9 (ICB)
- “Children, obey your parents the way the Lord wants. This is the right thing to do.” —Ephesians 6:1 (ICB)
- “And the Spirit himself joins with our spirits to say that we are God’s children.” —Romans 8:16 (ICB)
When children know they are important, they feel confident enough pursue God’s will in their lives. Self-assured kids will follow through on clear objectives to make an impact in their own lives and the lives of others. Today’s young Bible students are tomorrow’s church leaders. Let’s make them great!
You can see a list of all of the articles Kim has written on Sunday School Zone.