This Bible activity helps middle and older children become familiar with the experience of the man Jesus forgave and healed after the man’s four friends lowered him down to Jesus through a hole in the roof. Sharpen your pencils! Your children will have a great deal of fun with this one!
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every free, printable activity we have on Sunday School Zone as well as a simple description of the types of activities we provide. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities.
Types of Activities on Sunday School Zone
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities regularly, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
This Bible activity is a word scramble based on Jesus’ actions to heal and forgive a lame man who was lowered before Him through the roof of the house where He was teaching. The activity highlights eight elements of this event. It also underscores a “bottom line” lesson from the biblical record of the account.
Word tiles give kids an opportunity to learn important phrases that convey Bible truths. This one is no exception. In this Bible activity for preschoolers, young children will learn that “Jesus healed bodies and souls.”
This Bible activity for older preschoolers and young children gives them the opportunity to find hidden objects in a picture showing Jesus looking with compassion on the paralyzed man He was about to heal. It’s a fun activity associated with a very important Bible story.
This Bible activity for older preschoolers is a jigsaw puzzle that shows Jesus responding to the faith of a paralytic, as well as the faith of his four friends who brought him to Jesus by lowering him down through a hole in the roof. Faith pushes ahead to get to Jesus!
The prodigal son had a tough time, but his difficulties were of his own making. When he came to his senses and returned home, his father forgave him and welcomed him as his son. This word search puzzle challenges children to find 10 words associated with 10 elements in Jesus’ parable. This is a fun and educational activity!
This jigsaw puzzle highlighting the parable of the prodigal son is a great reminder of the joy God has when a sinful individual repents and comes to Him in humility. God forgives! God loves! How to the 14 triangles fit together? In a way that reminds us of how wonderful God is!
Let your children try to find all 12 differences between these two pictures, both of which show a loving father running to welcome his wayward son home. Can you spot all the differences? Can your children? See who can find them all first!
These word tiles, properly placed, communicate an important truth highlighted in Jesus’ parable of the lost son: “The Father forgave his son.” God will forgive us as well when we come to him and are sorry for our sins. Use this activity to help your children learn about God’s love and forgiveness.
This word tiles puzzle gives children the opportunity to place tiles in the proper order to spell a sentence. The sentence featured here conveys an important lesson: Jesus is no ordinary man!