Children learn about the poor widow who gave all she had to God as they work a jigsaw puzzle of her giving her gift at the temple.
Activities for Kids
Below is a list of every free, printable activity we have on Sunday School Zone as well as a simple description of the types of activities we provide. The most recently added activities are always at the top of the list, so you can quickly come here and find the most recently-added activities. All of our printable activities are free and can generally be subdivided into the following types of activities.
Types of Activities on Sunday School Zone
- Bookmarks - professionally-designed bookmarks with a Bible verse, phrase, or truth on them
- Coloring Pages - these include simple coloring pages, color by number, and connect the dot activities
- Bible Story Summaries - designed to help teachers or parents of children tell the story in a way that is engaging and appropriate for them
- Children's Sermons - for those times when you're responsible for delivering a brief children's "sermon" or devotional to a group of children
- Crafts for Kids - activities that require cutting, gluing and/or additional resources such as tape, craft sticks, and yarn
- Pencil Activities - worksheets designed for use with pencils, but do not involve writing
- Puzzles and Games - fun, printable activities that involve observing and/or memory recall
- Scripture Pages - professionally-designed sheets with a Bible verse or phrase on them.
- Story Illustrations - high quality, professionally-created illustrations that help Bible stories come alive
- Word Activities - require reading and writing skills and involve the use of specific words
- Bible Maps - maps that can be colored or used as they are
Many of the above categories are divided further using the main navigation bar found on every page. We try to make it easy to find the type of activity you may need by grouping them by type of activity, Bible story, Bible character, and season. We are adding new activities regularly, so check back often to see what's new. You may want to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you stay current with the activities available. We would also invite you to follow us on Instagram to receive daily links to activities you may find helpful.
By working a crossword puzzle, children learn key themes in Jesus’ parable of the good Samaritan.
By playing a match game, children learn about the widow who gave her last pennies, or mites, to the temple treasury.
Children learn about the poor widow who gave her last two mites to God by finding hidden images in a picture of the woman as she gave her money.
Spotting the differences between two pictures of the good Samaritan, children learn the importance of showing kindness.
By finding the ten words in this word search activity, children learn key concepts in the parable of the good Samaritan.
By unscrambling words and a phrase about the parable of the good Samaritan, children learn key themes in Jesus’ parable.
By working a jigsaw puzzle showing the good Samaritan helping a wounded Jew, children learn how to be a neighbor.
Looking for differences between two pictures of a healed leper returning to Jesus to thank Him helps children learn the importance of gratitude.
Playing a match game depecting elements of the story of Jesus’ healing the 10 healed lepers helps children see the need to express thanks to God.